October 2015

October 2015
This is me! October 2015

Friday, May 8, 2015

What Did I Do?

Finally back to it!  I titled this blog, "What Did I Do?" because this week I had GREAT results at my weigh-in and I want to use this blog to discover what exactly I did.  I finally got out of my kick of losing just a few ounces and dropped almost four pounds these past two weeks!



As you can see above, on my May 5th weight in I was -3.2lb this week!   I was practically jumping up and down!  As you can also see above I had a smaller amount lost the week before at .6lbs, but I actually think I had some water weight that night because at home (and the scales are fairly similar) my scale showed I was down at least a pound more than that.  So, I am looking at it as a two-week loss of 3.8lbs!  I am very happy!  

There are some more things that can be observed from the weight watcher's monthly summary above.  My activity points increased each week (this was 33!) and my days tracking too.   It was about two weeks ago (4/24th actually) that I made a decision to start pre planning my entire week by logging in everything into the weight watcher tracker; from snacks to meals.  It really has made a huge difference.  I make sure then to stay within my point range and I additionally get my health checks in each day (2 dairy, fruits and vegs., 1 healthy fat).   It also makes sure I have better variety throughout the week.  Before I think I was probably having the same cereal most mornings and now I am trying to switch things up to something different for each meal.  

There were a few days these past few weeks that I did change things up quite a bit, but it did save me time overall.  It gave me a great starting point to the day and guideline.  Helped with prep for meals and even snacks and it took away the idea of thinking about what I was going to eat because it was already planned!  This is something I plan to continue doing.

Next, I want to share the pretties I earned at my last weight watchers meeting.



The bronze key chain is a reward for when you hit 10%.  I was not aware of that.  There is also a 10% charm.   Also I got the 25lb charm and another unexpected item, a 25lb lost magnet.  The magnet is on my fridge.  

Speaking of activity, going to post a monthly summary from fitbit.


As you can see these past few weeks I have been doing very well!  I have definitely stepped up (pardon the pun) these past few weeks!   Part of it has been the nicer weather.  I have been getting out and walking and just working in the yard a lot more.  Between appointments instead of sitting in the office for 20 minutes I go for a walk around town.  When helping my husband with chores instead of riding with him to the neighboring farm I walk and meet him there, and then walk back.   I have also been doing the elliptical and turbo jam during the week.  At least 4 out of 7 days.    

The next pictures I am going to post is the individual tracking weeks from the the weight watchers tracker.  The other two snips are activity points earned and swamped (when I go over my daily goal it takes from activity points).







The very bottom (darker green) is points used from breakfast, then is lunch, supper, snacks, and the lightest green is activity points earned.   As you can see I stayed very close to my daily target most days.   The activity points used I am afraid isn't probably completely accurate.  I remember a few days that after I was finished tracking I ended up having an additional snack, but I would say that happened less than 2 times a week and each time was 3 or less points.   So, for the first week I would say I used more like 15 out of the 30 earned activity points.  This a past week let's say 12 out of 33 earned.  

I do see a bit of a pattern here.  I am using about half of the activity points I earn.   It is kind of hard to see day by day because fitbit does not sync with weightwatchers day by day usually, the activity points often show up days after I have actually earned them.   This was good to actually look back and see exactly how many I earned and used.   I did not see this before.  

Something else I want to point out again is additionally there are 49 weekly points that are offered to use on weight watchers.  At this current time I am not using them week by week.  On the days that I did not track I probably blew through them by overeating, but when  I am tracking I try not to figure them into my week.  That is not to say that down the road I will end up using some of them, especially when I get really down there for points or if I don't have as many activity points earned. The default for weight watchers is for the weekly points to be used before the activity points (when you go over the daily point target), but I switched it around because I kind of feel like I earn them.

So, I am 25.8lbs down!   I keep looking at the 25lb magnet on my fridge and I can already see another one being there, then a 3rd!  Maybe a 4th!  It is embarrassing to say, but according to weight watchers when I started at 236lbs I needed to lose over 100lbs to be at goal.  I still have a long ways to go and it is going to take a long time, but being 1/4th the way there feels good.  

I am going to do this the right way, slow and steady!  Changing not just my weight but my eating habits and more active life style.  I can see why weight watchers is the most effective program for people not to only lose the weight but keep it off!   I want to be there.  I am going to get there.  






No comments:

Post a Comment