October 2015

October 2015
This is me! October 2015

Friday, August 28, 2015

Changing Things Up! Getting a personal coach

So....if you have been following my last few blogs it is evident that things aren't going very well these past few weeks!



Weight change chart sense I started in January



Last eight weeks weigh-in Weight Watchers


Yeah, I am officially on an incline.   Even worse than my weigh-in's (because it is NOT just about the numbers) are the missing green dots on 8/5 and 8/12.   Those indicate that I didn't even go to the meeting!  Ug! 


Why do I have these rising numbers???

Progress report for the past month


I want you to take note of the food tracked days.   Yeah...not tracking!   Also as you can see my activity earned has gone way down too...part of this is because I am having trouble with my fitbit (which is currently out of action...I guess it is not good to run it through the washer...grrr!), but I have been slacking!  


So, as you can tell during the past few weeks there have been a few days where I tracked but then fell right off the wagon again.   This has been going on for the past 3 months.  

I have no good reasons and have no excuses, but I was starting to fear that I was failing Weight Watchers... notice I said, 'was.' 

I am feeling more optimistic now.   First of all, I am currently on day 3 of being back on track and exercising (I have even been on the elliptical two days in a row now!).   I really have a feeling that if I continue, sorry not if but WHEN, then on my next weigh-in I will have a large drop.  I know that some of the gain I had last Wednesday was water weight; because I had eaten high sodium foods the day before and had a hard workout that very day and drank lots of water.  

The other reason I am feeling optimistic and a little excited again is, per the title of this blog...yesterday I signed up to get personal coach through weight watchers!   I spent some time looking into it yesterday and after realizing it was about $20 extra a month and going back and forth about it, I decided just to go for it (before I could change my mind).   If this is not something that seems to help I can always opt out next month.  I am considering maybe dropping meetings...but don't tell my meeting members (ummm some might  be reading this ...shhh).   I am not sure though.

What is a personal coach through Weight Watchers?  I will tell you, well I will at least show you.  




 So, basically a personal coach is someone specific that you are hooked up with (that doesn't change unless he/she has as conflict then you get a temp. subsitite) that has done WW successfully in the past and has kept off the weight.  Often times they are/were a meetings coach it seems.  

So, with one hand covering my eyes my other clicked the 'sign up.' button...I did it.   I upgraded to personal coaching. 

The first thing they had me do was fill out a pretty detailed health profile.  Asked about things like eating habits, daily stress, schedule...and much more.  I think this assessment really got to the 'why' of weight gain. 

There was also a section that specifically asked you want you want your coach to work with you on.   I wish I would have copied things like what the health assessment looked like and what exactly I said about my goal; something about helping me continue to make good health choices and being a good role-model for my girlie.  I will update later. 

After the assessment I got to pick a time/date and a coach!   This part was really easy and challenging at the same time.  Easy because there are a LOT of options for when the coaches would be available for your first 30 minute phone meetings.  Challenging because they gave me like 15 coaches to choose from.  I had not idea who to choose!  I think the choosing took me longer than the assessment.    After some looking and clicking I finally settled on someone called CJK.   She looked friendly (lol they all did), had lost a pretty large amount of weight (65 pounds), and had some good reviews!  

What I can share is the changes that happened after I signed up for coaching.  

I got this new tab on my weight watchers page....






And this is what it looks like when I click on it.


 


The motivation statement is something I picked out...it is the same quote that is above my motion wall.   After our first conference on Tuesday I will have my very first action plan.   We even had some correspondence already :) 





So, as far as I can tell.  We will have our first session on Wednesday, September 2nd (I picked that time and day).  The conferences are via phone which is pretty cool and personal.  The first one is scheduled for 30 minutes and the rest after are 15 minutes.  I guess we can schedule up to 3 at a time and there doesn't seem to be a max.   LOL I don't think I will take up too many but I am very excited.  

Each week we will work up an action plan that I will work towards.  Something specific and measurable (I think).  

CJ seems very nice and the reviews seem great!   I am really hoping that when I meet with her I will already be off to a great start, that I will have good to report.   I chose that day because pretty much right after is my weight watcher's meeting.   It will be neat to be able to report to them how this went so soon after. 

Well, wish me luck and I hope to write another blog mid next week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment