October 2015

October 2015
This is me! October 2015

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Camping and booze and Doritos, Oh My! -32.8lbs


This past weekend we went camping some good friends of mine. Now, I had worked hard the entire week before to prepare for this. I had what I felt were realistic expectations for this. I knew that I would not stay completely on plan while on this trip but I also did not want eat or drink to the point of feeling sick. Overall, I was pretty proud with how I did. I enjoyed the meals, stuck with healthy snacks, and stuck to two drinks for myself along with a few sips of some of their concoctions. 

Now, these friends are completely aware of my strive for health with Weight Watchers. Both girls actually have had some weight issues themselves in the past, so they understand first hand the struggle. I wasn’t sure if there would be some drink and food pushing though, especially as the alcohol went down. This is, sadly, only a yearly or twice a year gathering with this great group of friends (we all wish it were more). They were all extremely supportive though! I can’t say I was surprised but will say I was relieved because I do tend to give in to peer pressure especially by those I trust.

Well, I did track everything including the extra sips and handful of treats! The main day of camping, Sunday, went pretty well! I did about as good as I had hoped to! I usually get 31 points a day and I had about 62 after figuring in the drinks, yummy steak and banana boat. The next day, Monday, did not go quite as planned. We had all planned on leaving sometime around or after lunch but ended up hanging out at someone’s house until 3:00pm. I had a pretty high point breakfast and lunch time came around and people started pulling out the chips and snacks. I grabbed out the extremely large bag of carrots I had along and started snacking on those to fill me up. Sitting there playing games with friends my resolve crumbled, not because of hunger, or peer pressure…more like convenience. I probably ate 1/3rd bag of Doritos. Maybe to some that doesn’t seem like that bad, but I am not even a huge fan of them. The bad choices continued after that. For supper I had some grilled chicken picked out as my dish but when I heard the Chinese dish with friend rice special they had going I caved for that. Later that evening we went to my father-in-law birthday party and I had a piece of cake. So, that day I had another 60 point day and I guess the frustrating thing is it didn’t need to me.

The next morning was Tuesday, the day of my weight in. I almost considered skipping it and trying Wednesday but I knew that was just the beginning of a vicious cycle. I mentally prepared myself for a gain of 2 to 5lbs for the past couple of days. I tentatively stepped on the scale and low and behold, a .2 ounces loss!

What??? WOW! I did not deserve that. I had worked hard towards the beginning of the week but after especially such a large loss the previous week I thought I would have a gained after that weekend. So, that was a pretty welcoming surprise and really helped me continue the week on a good note. That was just yesterday and sense I had prolonged my entire week and so far have stayed with my food goal. We went for a long walk yesterday and overshot my step goal by 2000 yesterday! I am excited to see what this next Tuesday has in store for me. Maybe I will break out of the 200s.

No comments:

Post a Comment