October 2015

October 2015
This is me! October 2015

Thursday, August 13, 2015

Round two; ding, ding!

So, these past few weeks I have done pretty horribly. Not keeping track of points, not making sure I get in exercise, and I have even missed my last two weight watcher meetings! I had a pretty good excuse for the first week but none this past week.

I have practically lost nothing this summer…only about four pounds sense May! I am again happy that I am going down and not up, but still. This is it though! I got through some busyness hurdles including a wedding and some traveling and I am ready to tackle my health again head on! This is day one! Really mentally prepared myself to start today (getting some junk and bad meals out of our house, stocking our fridge with good stuff…). These next two weeks I am going to hit weight watchers strict and strong. Going to stay at my 31 points each day and not go over until maybe later this week when I will work in a little extra for activity. These past few days have given me plenty to not worry about supplementing activity until later this week though. Each day I am going to get in some 40 minutes activity!

I have not touched the scale in almost two weeks (sense my last successful weight in on 7/30th) and I plan not too until this next Wednesday when I do go to my meeting. I am expecting/mentally preparing myself for a slight gain next week even if I kick butt this week. I would not be surprised if these past few weeks had me gain 5lbs! Maybe it really isn’t that bad and I think in a few days when I get ahold of water weight I will check it out so I know at least where I started.

I am also planning on blogging more, so be prepared! At least every few days even a bit just to keep myself accountable.

Today is going very well so far! I had oatmeal with some pb2 this morning with a banana. This afternoon I had a Flatout Wrap with turkey, fresh garden tomatoes (yummy!), lettuce, one wedge of laughing cow cheese, and I dipped it into Bolthouse Avacado Ranch! First time I have tried that, amazing! I only used about 1 T worth. I also had about a cup of cucumbers (because I am up to my eyes in cucumbers will be eating a lot of them) and I used the other T of the Avacado dressing to dip them into. Thank you sister-in-law Jill for suggesting that! Tonight’s supper will consist of chicken, baked potato with laughing cow cheese (love the stuff), and a big salad.

I did get my walk in today; a long one! We walked for a good hour! I have not gotten the stroller out for a few weeks so Cora was excited to go. I normally walk mid-mroning so it is also her snack time. I convince her to stay in the stroller for a good 30/40 minutes while I can walk fast along the road and she eats her snack. I know soon I will be trying to keep up with her but as of for now she is still pretty slow unless she runs (which she does too). I hate walking along the highway/road but unless we go to town (and sometimes we do) but we also have a nice field road that I can push the stroller on and she can run/walk free! Also the dog gets to be off leach when we get to our road. The whole thing back and forth takes maybe 20 minutes but it is enough to give her moving time. I love that she is with me and learning these healthy habits now! She is only 3 and I know it is still pretty early to tell, but so far she is not chunky at all. I let her eat when she is hungry, give two snacks in between meals and try to get her moving as much as we can! I hope and pray she does not have the overweight struggles I had during my childhood.

One frustrating thing is after my walk this afternoon I sat down at my computer and synced the fit bit. I thought it synced wrong at first because it only said 24 steps! (should be about 7 or 8000!). I looked at my fit bit and YUP, it said 24 steps. This is also a good place to mention that I accidentally washed my fit bit in the washing machine last week! OPPS! Not water proof by the way. I kept it out to try, charged it full (because it was about out of battery too) and it seemed to be working this morning so I put it on and didn’t even check in until I was home. It started logging better after I hooked it up but to be safe I went ahead and reset the things. Sense I did that it seems to be tracking fine now…just frustrated I am missing those 7000 steps. I am semi thinking about putting my fit bit in a sock and putting it into the dryer with no heat and see if I can make up for the steps lost…not sure if that would hurt it though lol.

Anyway, this is off to a great start and I am glad I am doing this on a random Thursday and not waiting for a Monday.  It would have been easy too!   So, this is round two!   I am going to hit this strong for two weeks and thing allow myself some cheat meals after that again.  I need to get my eating under control first.  Wish me luck and I would also appreciate a prayer! 

Tessa 

No comments:

Post a Comment