October 2015

October 2015
This is me! October 2015

Friday, February 20, 2015

Made 1st goal of 5% and weight-loss picture progression



Wednesday was my 7th Weight Watcher’s weigh-in and I hit my 5% weight loss goal!   I am officially 11.2lbs down from my first weigh in!   This week's loss was the least amount I have lost thus far, but I was still happy because

1.  It was a loss!
2.  I made my first % goal
3.  It is the time of the month so any loss really is amazing!
4.  It was a loss  :)

Here is the sticker I earned at my Weight Watcher's meeting (along with one of my 5lb stickers).















I am going to post my weight tracker!  Love the downward curve!  I am very close to my first personal goal of 224lbs.   Next week!



So, I was also looking through some pictures and while I don't feel up to posting a full body picture yet (I am such a wimp!) I was looking at some close-up face shots and I can see a difference!  What do you think?

December 4th 2014 at 239lbs (before Weight Watchers started)


January 18th 2015 at 234.6lbs

Valentines Day- February 14th 2015



My face looks clearer is one thing for sure.  I can see some thinning of my face too especially between the first and last photo.  I started Weight Watchers at 236lbs but at home the week before I was weighing in at 239.  I officially started my Weight Watcher's journey at 236 though.

I have been doing very well tracking my food every day and staying within a nice range of my daily points.  On days that I exercise I am trying to start to use about half of my Exercise Points because that was recommended to me.  Going to try that so I keep up a good metabolism.   There are a few days that I did go over my daily point goal but if you look the light green at the top is the amount of activity points I earned so I want to go a bit above my daily point goal.  There are a couple of days I did go quite a bit over, but that is ok!







I am just finding myself continually making much better choices.  At night if I am feeling snackey I turn to much healthier snacks like fruit or planned on low-point snacks like graham crackers instead of fatty chips or ice cream.  This past weekend at a baby shower after already having lunch they served pizza and had cupcakes.  I stuck with just a bottle of water.  Before I probably would had 2 pieces of pizza and at least one maybe two cupcakes!  I know I could have had a cupcake, but I just didn't feel like it was worth it.  If they were no-bake cookies or something chocolate that might have been a different story lol.  All of these good choices add up!

On Sunday I was sure that I was going to have a splurge day.  After church Steve and I went to Taco Johns and I wasn't quite sure what to order.  I remember hearing that there was a healthy chicken taco alternative, but that must have been for Taco Bell because I was not seeing it.  I ended up getting a Chicken Quesada.   It was 12 points but I enjoyed every last bite!   That evening we ended up going out for dinner and I made a good choice of getting grilled fish with a baked potato (only half with a bit of sour cream).  I really had no idea and was prepared for dipping into most of my weeklies as I was adding everything up when I got home.  I was very pleased to find that I was right on my 34 points!   I really went through and made sure I entered everything including my coffee creamer.   Felt pretty pleased with myself!

I am still doing very well with exercise.  I am going to post the last month of my fit bit!




So, for one of these days (February 10th) I know for a fact that I had over 10,000 steps but for some reason it did not register.  It recorded that I was 18 steps away from 10,000, but I remember seeing that and I walked around quite a bit and added a good 100 steps.  So I am counting that as a goal made day!  LOL  So, out of the last month I made my step goal 16 times!   For the first week we were all pretty sick and I was lucky the one day when I made it.  My mini goal is on days that I have a rest day and do not work out on the elliptical I want at least 6000 steps.  Not counting the first week, I did that all of the days except for two.

I also want to mention I stepped up my game on some of my workout days!   I started incorporating a workout video after the elliptical.   Two times I did turbo jam 20 minute workout dvd and two other additional days I did elliptical and 40 minute turbo jam exercise dvd.  You can tell the days that I did the 40 minute dvd because I killed my points that day!

 I am surprised I have not mentioned this yet, but something else I started doing towards the beginning of January is seeing Jeff Dye who is a chiropractor on a very regular basis (three times a week for the first 4 weeks and now twice a week).  My back and neck have been messed up for a long time and my nervous system out of whack.  So, that really has been making a BIG difference to my comfort level and just things running smoothly.

So, I'm really doing this!   I am hitting my health from many angles!  From healthy eating and tracking using Weight Watchers, from exercise with fitbit and Turbo Jam, from mental and spiritual from my Made to Crave series, and from health going to Life Chiropractic.

Thanks for reading!





2 comments:

  1. You should proofread the weights you posted. You put 100's instead of 200's lol. You have your sights set on the ones that is for sure. Great job though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Shel...ty! I went through and fixed it now. I guess I am still not used to being in the 200s again. Nice catch! Ty :)

    ReplyDelete