October 2015

October 2015
This is me! October 2015

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

A loss is a loss I hear... .3 ounces down. 32.9lbs down

This is why I got a personal coach…

I had a very good week, consistently the whole week through. It has been over 10 days now that I have stuck to my daily point allotment goal (only on days that I exercised did I add a few points).  I exercised four out of the seven days this week (so meet that goal too) and meet 10,000 steps 5 out of 7 days!



I was hopeful for a good weight loss, not just because of this but also it being my time of the month during last week’s weigh in. I was sure I was carrying some water weight last week. I was hoping to finally break out of the 200s this week. It would have meant a 3lbs + weight loss but it seemed kind of possible.


So, that didn’t happen.   


.3 ounces. Ok, I am happy with a loss but I would be lying if I said I wasn’t a bit disappointed. I was not ready to turn in the towel or anything but was really wondering if I was on the right track?   I went over my food log and made sure there wasn’t anything I was forgetting. I really did enter everything; from the oil I used in the pan with the eggs to the creamer I put into my coffee.  







Was I eating too much still? I did not touch any of my weekly points and used only 1/3rd of the 30 points I earned.  It seems like many on this plan get to eat their 49 or at least some.   Maybe I wasn’t eating enough? That seemed too good to be true. Thought maybe I just needed to continue with what I was doing and give the current formula more time. It is just frustrating to see this…



Had I already reached a plateau? 

Another thing I need to mention I did was weigh myself repeatedly this week. I usually try to just weigh once a week but the beginning of the week when my AF was over I checked my weight and saw it hadn’t changed. Then I checked again last Friday and saw I was a few ounces heavier! Ummm what? I did manage to stay away the last few days because I knew I was discouraging myself.  

So, this afternoon I waited anxiously and a bit dejectedly for Nicolle’s phone call. After our conversation I feel much better and feel like I have a plan again. We tried to look back and see what I was doing the week of my last good weight loss. We also looked over my previous weeks. She agreed with me that something didn't seem right.  She said we need to change things up until we find something that will continue healthy weigh loss. 

It was a reassurance to not continue doing the same thing for another week, though I would have if she suggested it. My previous goal was to not eat any of my weekly points and eat anything over 4 per day of my activity points When we looked back on my week one thing we realized is for two days I had earned close to 8-10 activity points but had only added 2 points to my daily goal.   Opps!  She said that should not have changed my results that much because it was not long-term. 

She suggested we go one of two ways. One was to not use any of my activity points and just stick with my daily goal. The other was to use all or most of my attained activity points. We try one first and if that doesn’t work then try the other next week.

As you can imagine, I was really hoping for the later but tried to keep an open mind as we talked about the pros and cons of both. I am pretty sure it was her that suggested we try eating my activity points first and see if that makes much of a difference. Looking back at this week that will mean adding 4 to 10 points to each of my days! She wanted me to be sure to add good carbs and protein and not icecream :) 

This is what I am going to try.

1.  To continue to preplan my meals (now doing about two days in advance because the whole week seemed to change so much towards the end of the week).

2.  Work out 4 out of 7 days still.

3.  Weigh in only once or twice a week (tehehe)

4.  Not eat weekly points and eat all or most of accumulated activity points each day. 

So, this is why I got a personal coach! I am not sure what I have tried if I had not had her to turn to for advice on what to do. I think I might have tried to continue doing what I was doing to really see if it wasn’t working with the intention of switching things up in a week but probably getting discouraged and falling off the wagon again.  What I had been doing had seemed to work for 30 something pounds in the past, but I had changed...I am more active.

I am feeling more optimistic now with a game plan in mind now. We have another chat on Friday afternoon. I agreed to not weigh myself again until Friday but to not expect a huge change but will hopefully see a small movement though.  

 

 

 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment