October 2015

October 2015
This is me! October 2015

Sunday, September 27, 2015

I like to Move It! Personal goal achieved! Started drinking Organo and had a great mid-week weigh in.

I like to Move it Move it!

Just checking in! It is Sunday morning and I have really have been having a great week. I have stuck to my goal range each day and really got some kick butt exercises in! A few things I want to point out.

I hit a big non-scale goal this week! On Wednesday evening my husband weighed himself and then I weighed myself, and for the first time in years I weigh less than my husband! His response is he needs to start skipping the snacks. Lol, always a competition.


Additionally, I had my check-in with my weight watcher’s personal coach Nicolle this past Friday and I had great news to report! We had made a change for this week about what my daily point goal would be. Before this, I had been trying to eat basically just my minimum personal point goal and adding a few extra if I had a hard exercise that day. I would also try not to eat any of my extra weekly points. Sense Tuesday I have been eating all of my earned exercise points to see if that would make a difference in the movement of my weight. I have been at a standstill for about two months. Well, this changeup did make a difference! On Friday morning I weighed myself and I was down 2.1lbs from Tuesday morning! I am at 201.0! I am SOOOO close to getting under the 200lb mark! It has been over 3 years sense I have been there! So, I guess my body has been wanting some of those extra calories/points.  Almost to Onederland! 

Also, on Friday I mentioned to Nicolle that sense starting to eat larger extra snacks in between my meals I have not been having these ‘tired’ crashes. For the past few months around 2 or 3:00pm I would get hit with suck sleepiness I would want to lie down and take a nap with my daughter (and this is the prime time to usually get a hard workout in while my little one is sleeping). She told me that was my body telling me I needed more fuel! I hope this change continues to increase my energy during the afternoon.

The last change I made this week that might be making a difference is I have been trying a coffee drink called Organo.  
 

On Wednesday afternoon at my chiropractors office I had asked about the coffee drink he was drinking (it smelled amazing) and he told me about this drink instant coffee mix called Organo. It is made with a type of mushroom named Ganoderma Lucidum. He has been drinking it for about six months and loves the stuff and recently started selling it at the office. They gave me a sample and I really enjoyed the taste. Ok, this was a bit more expensive than I would have liked but I just thought to try it out. I paid about $30.00 for the entire box of 30 (shhh don’t tell my husband). I actually saw on Amazon they sold them for half that price though. Hmmm.

Here is the general information about Ganderma Lucidum that I got from http://www.organocoffeecompany.com/benefits-of-ganoderma/



 

This is what I know. I used to have 3 cups of coffee a day (2 in the morning and 1 in the afternoon) and I have not found myself yet feeling the need for a 3rd cup of coffee. I tend to have one up of regular coffee with a little bit of creamer with my breakfast and then I make second cup with Organo and drink it black still that morning. I enjoy the very strong taste! I have noticed I have plenty of energy through the rest of the day and I have been sleeping well. I know that my Chiropractor is up to 2 or 3 cups of this stuff a day and I can’t imagine getting to that amount for a variety of reasons. I will say for a few days my anxiety was up there a bit but there were other occurrences surrounding that. I did have a nice drop in my weight over a period of 3 days after starting this. I don’t know if that was because of this drink or increasing the amount of calories. I kind of wish I would have started this maybe a week after just so I know what made the difference.

So, I do enjoy the drink and I am planning on continuing with one cup a day. I am not selling the stuff and probably will just buy it off Amazon after this. I know there is a whole money making business with this and I am not interested in that.    I just like the taste and if I am getting some of these benefits from the mushroom, more power to me! 

So, things are going well and I am looking forward to my Tuesday morning weigh in.  I really think I will stay strong all weekend.  I am optimisitic that I might even be in Onederland on Tuesday.   I will be happy with any loss though above .4 ounces.  :) 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment