October 2015

October 2015
This is me! October 2015

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Nice BIG loss this week! :) Finally! 32.2lbs lost

Well, I had my weight in and…drum roll please…I am down 7lbs this week!




Ok, so I was kind of hoping a nice chunk of weight would come off because of my over indulgence the two weeks before (excess water weight), the fresh 5lbs I put on the few weeks before, and changing my weigh-in time from evening to mornings, but still I was pretty thrilled! That puts me right back on target of 32.2lbs lost! Exactly where I was towards the end of July, before all of this overindulgence and lack of exercise started.

 I am feeling good! I am back on track and even more so, I’m still rocking this!


I have had my second session with my one-on-one personal coach Nicolle



I checked with her and she doesn’t seem to mind that I am sharing specifics about this. Actually to quote she said, “Sure! Make me famous!” Yeah, I won’t quite be doing that but I know I have a few readers.

Today I had two 15 minutes sessions scheduled…but I goofed up. I made one at 11:00 and the other at 11:30. I meant to get the 11:15 time slot. It just seemed kind of silly to have her call back so I went ahead and canceled the later one. I was actually hoping to see if I could grab another one before or after but found we can’t make appointments the same day. I guess that makes sense.

So Nicolle called me about 11:07am. Lol I guess I am not the only one who keeps her over. They really should give these coaches like 5 minutes in between calls to wrap things up and then call the next instead back to back. It is not a big deal to me though.  I hope she was able to use my old time slot to catch up on her calls. 

We had a nice talk. We talked about my success for this weigh in and about how if I keep things on track this week I should see a loss this next Tuesday too, though I should be warned that after a big loss our bodies sometimes likes to try to maintain. She told me I should be ok as long as I stick to my 31 points a day and keep eating the activity points if I go over 4.

It was about here that I said to her, “so, it probably wouldn’t be very helpful if I ate 11 points of chocolate covered popcorn last night and went over my daily points by like 8.” Without a beat she reassured me saying that Weight Watchers is meant to go weekly and not daily.    I told her I tracked it and moved on.

Yesterday I went to Rural Route 1 Popcorn with my daughter and mother-in-law. Very dangerous place! I came home with two .5lb bags of chocolate covered popcorn (though one is already almost gone per my husbands bag) and also two 1lb bags of powdered popcorn. I really had planned out to eat 4 points work of the chocolate popcorn last night and I thought I did, but I messed up. I thought the serving was 3 ounces for 4 points. Now I am looking back I am like duh, there is no way! It was actually 30 grams for 4 points…a bit different lol! My 4 point evening snack turned into 11 points. So, I went over by quite a bit.

I did some good things about this. I double checked and found my error. I logged it and moved on. Actually, when I entered it, it wasn’t as bad as I thought it was. I really enjoyed just checking in with Nicolle. She told me I could look on Friday and see if I could make a double appointment for a longer session if I would like (which I did almost right after). This conversation was just a quick check in, I had a few general questions, and Nicolle gave some much needed encouragement.

Also, and I did not even mention this to Nicolle, but last night I ended up doing something that I have not done in a l o n g time! At 9:45pm at night I went for a walk! Ok, those that really know me are like, what??? I am kind of a scardy cat! I used to enjoy night walks though when I was in college, though I usually had a friend with me. I did have a friend with me last night too…our doggy JoJo.


Scary, isn’t she???? LOL She really is pretty protective and if push came to shove she would try to protect me if something happened. A few summers ago when I was out walking someone’s Pit-bull/mix (bigger than JoJo by a good 15lbs!) got loose and came running at us. The dog probably wouldn’t have hurt us, but came running and I had just enough time to let out a high-pitched movie worthy scream before JoJo had this dog pinned to the grass.  I was pretty impressed.   The owner came running and apologized profusely. The dog had bolted out the door before she could grab him. A few of the neighbors looked out too to make sure things were ok.

So, I felt kind of safe with JoJo with me. We also live in the country and I was walking mostly on a private road with no cars.  I was more worried about tripping but I didn’t even do that.

So, I went for this 20 minute fast-paced walk at almost 10:00pm at night because I was on a bit of a sugar high, I felt guilty about going over in points, and my anxiety rearing it's ugly head…but this walk was just the ticket! It gave me some time to clear my head and to do something I have not done for a long time! A good old walk and talk! If someone would have happened to come across me (though the likelihood of that was pretty slim in the middle of the corn field) they would probably have thought I was crazy or sleep walking, but I had a good heart to heart with our Lord Almighty!

There is something about speaking out loud in prayer. I do not do it as often as I would like or should, but I took this opportunity to really release some anxieties, plead some prayers, and above all thank Him for so much! Just walking out there in the dark with my furry companion, breathing in some humid night air (I could have showered when I got back), and just some time on my own with God is just what I needed. I also took some time to do something I even do even less, to just listen.

I plan on doing another blog this week, probably tomorrow or Thursday, and I plan on finally revisiting my Made to Crave series! It has been a few months but after a short review and some reapplication I plan on moving on!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment