October 2015

October 2015
This is me! October 2015

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Still no Onederland for me-- but 1.5lbs down and 34lbs total!

I wish what I had to report was I am back in Onederland, but I am not. 


Positives; it is a loss and a good one at that. I am not completely off the wagon and I have not given up. I attempted at logging every day.

Negative; I had pizza the last two evenings, am not drinking my water like I am supposed to, while making a good attempt at logging I am not following through the entire day, and I only exercised once and didn’t even have my fit bit on for something like three days.

The week has been kind of rough. When I last blogged last week on 10/7 and 10/8 I was starting to feel more like myself and pretty much out of my depressive episode… I even got on the elliptical that Thursday on the 8th and got my targeted 10,000 steps in that day and logged my food! Friday morning I woke up with a headache and as the day went on it got progressively worse. At some point this bad headache turned into a migraine. I have not had these before and while it was not diagnosed by a doctor some things accompanied it that have not been part of my headaches before (which I get pretty rarely sense I started going to the chiropractor and my neck started being straightened out.). First, the pain was noticeably on one side of the head, more on the left. Then late morning/early afternoon while at Walmart of all places the pain got so intense I almost vomited. A little after that my vision went very funny. It is hard to describe, but like of like little speaks of light over the right side of my vision. At the time I was trying to grab a few groceries and also trying to pick out a birthday present for my nephew and I couldn’t even see the price tags. That was scary. I didn’t have my phone with my and my 3-year old was with me at the time.

I sat in the car for about 5 minutes where it was darker (light sensitivity) and my vision cleared and I felt safe enough to drive home. I made it home and took some Ibuprofen. I am so lucky my husband was home for his lunch. He saw I was miserable (I couldn’t even communicate to him clearly, talking even hurt). He told me to lay down and he would lay our daughter down for her nap after she finished eating. Ohh, the pain was horrible. I wanted so bad to fall asleep and I kept waiting for the pain medicine to kick in but laid there for over an hour. Finally I fell asleep and about an hour and a half later I woke up and almost wept with relief because the pain was gone.

I am not sure what caused this and I am not sure if I will have more, but I really hope not. I am going to get some suggested pain medicine around just in case though. I spoke to some people who have or developed migraines and they gave me some good pointers. I am not sure if some dehydration lead to this because I did not take super good care of myself during the depressive episode. Also, that week my neck went out and while I tried to go to the chiropractor that Friday he was gone on vacation (I went yesterday, awww relief!).

I spoke to my mother and she suffered from migraines in her late teens and then again when she was pregnant with me. She told me that they seemed to be brought on by bright light (so I will be keeping my sunglasses around me too now when out). My brother had a bad year with constant severe migraines too. Fortunately for him they stopped after a year. I hope I am even more fortunate and don’t get anymore. We will have to see.


Picture borrowed from facebook's TJ's Pizza home page
So, as you can imagine I felt pretty horrible on Friday and still out of it the next day (all achy and stiff like I had been sick). I don’t think I tracked much either day…I will have to look. Sunday was another rough day, though not so much for me. We went to my nephew’s football game and during the game he fell and broke his arm in two places and needed to have surgery that evening. We were also going to go to my younger nephew’s birthday party that evening (his brother). The party was of course rescheduled but my husband, my daughter, my parents, and myself hung around with the rest of the kids and tried to have a mini party while my sister and brother-in-law were with my nephew. Poor guy! That evening (Sunday) we got pizza from my nephew’s (and mine actually) favorite pizza place. TJ's Pizza. 




Then yesterday I decided to go with my daughter back to their house for the make-up birthday party. At first we weren’t going to, my nephew had already opened up his birthday present and I wasn’t even feeling the best with my neck and light headaches. After a very successful chiropractor appointment and some thought I decided I would go and celebrate with him. The birthday boy was such a trooper about the whole thing and I knew it would mean a lot to him if we came. We live about an hour and a half away. The party was a lot of fun and I am glad we went. Last night though again was pizza from the same favorite place.

So, each evening I had two piece of the pizza…and this is not thing crust Papa Murphy 4 or 5 point pieces, these pieces were probably nearing 8 or 9 points a piece…the good stuff! I am back home and get this pizza so rarely that it was a special treat and I planned to cap it at just two piece (when before I probably would have gone for at least a third), but it still put me a bit over my points for both days (by about 4 or 5 points over).

On a positive note/victory I stayed away from the cake and ice cream both evenings. The cake looks delicious and I must say having my husband/accountability person there on Sunday
helped me say no to the sweets, but I was pretty proud of myself when I stayed away from the real birthday cake last night.



  Even more surprisingly, I drove by Culver’s without stopping FOUR times for the Pumpkin shake. Anyone who knows me how
much of a weakness this is for me. I normally camp out pretty much and get one the first day they get it in and probably have at least four more until they get out of season. It is officially mid-October and I have not had one yet. I AM planning on having one this year but not until (and I made this past at the beginning of the month) I stay successfully in the 100lb range for two weeks at least. I did not make it this week, so maybe next week.

Again, last night being alone in the car (no husband at least…my 3-year old was with me but she would not comment if mama got a shake) after already being over my points already after a couple of stressful days I was pretty proud of myself for not stopping at Culvers. I really wanted to. I remember even thinking on the way there…no one would know. That is not true though, I would know…I would also be honest and tell my husband and blog about on here, and tell my personal coach, Nicolle.

That brings me to my coaching session today.
Last week I did not have a coaching session at all…mostly my fault because I did not book her before last Tuesday because I knew she was going to be out of town for rest of the week. I was not really in a shape to do that Sunday-Tuesday though. Anyway, so I checked in with her today via phone. I did send her a quick update mid next week that she received when she got back home about my manic depressive episode and weigh gain.

I felt very good after talking to her. I didn’t think she would but she didn’t berate me or anything, but also did not try to make excuses for me. Helped me look ate the positive points/choices this past week and set up realistic goals for this week.

Here they are!



So, we changed my exercise amount of days from 4 to 3 and that is before this Friday (when we chat next). I already have one down today so I have three more days to exercise two more times. She also encouraged me to be sure to spread out my points again during the day and to encourage my water intake. She really wants me to push the water. I know I should get to the 64 ounces today…I am already at about 40.

So, today is going well. House feels back in order after a pretty crazy week. I got on the elliptical this afternoon and am currently at 6300 steps. I am not sure if 10,000 will be a reasonable goal every day until I am back 100% but I think I will make it today. I also have most of my water drank already. So, I am off to a good start. Hopefully this will continue and come next Tuesday I will break into Onederland again. Ohhh how I miss you! The brief stay was amazing.

Lastly, next week a good weight loss breaking back into the 100s will be about perfect timing. It will be the week that I post my monthly weight on my motivation wall.
  Another reason to work hard this week.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment