October 2015

October 2015
This is me! October 2015

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Joining the NTL 100s club

Well...I officially have joined I need to lose 100lbs club!   I have been writing some blogs on myfitnesspal but I was trying to post some pictures and having trouble so I decided to move them to here.   When looking at some of the blogs I started I was looking through Made to Crave.  I really liked that series.  I think this will be a good addition to what I have been trying to do.   But first I want to post a picture of some of my previous blogs and what I have done so far.

On January 2nd




Ok...it is still hard for me to wrap my mind around being into the 200s again.   Not just in the 200s, I am creeping way into the 200s.   231lbs had been the heaviest I had ever been.  I had already started trying to watch what I eat that previous week and had come off being pretty sick before that.  I was looking forward to the numbers going down.  So, that entire week I logged all that I ate, stayed under my goal and as you can see from this next post we even got an elliptical machine and I worked out 4 out of 7 days.

Here is another blog...

January 4th (just two days later)


So, I was really starting to feel good about what I was doing.  Had noticed these good choices I made.  One thing I did not mention was I had snuck onto the scale a few times.  It didn't seem like the numbers were going how I wanted.   I decided to put the scale away and I checked myself again four days later.  That brought me to post the follow SOS on facebook yesterday

January 5th




As you can tell from my post I was confused, discouraged, and a little concerned.   The response I received was overwhelming...





Wow, many of these responses came within the hour.  I received tons of encouragement, suggestions, answers, and overall support.   I also received probably 10 private messages (that I have not even had a chance to get back to all of them) offering additional resources and support.

Here is what I generally learned (though some did contradict each other)
- I was eating a safe amount of calories.  Maybe up it a little on the days that I worked out (more than I had)
-  It isn't just how many calories I eat but what I eat/the kinds of foods
- Reminder that I should be not just estimating when I eat, to make sure I measure and log every single thing.
- Specific advice for foods/items I should be cutting out or switching over to
-  I need to ignore the scale and focus on how I feel
-  Keep switching things up while eating and exercising so I don't get bored
- DRINK WATER
- I could have been/probably was low on water weight because I was sick and this is closer to what I weighed
- Maybe look into something like Weight Watchers or get into Advocare/protein shakes, exercise videos,
- Make sure I am weighing myself the same time


One thing I also want to add is an explanation later down about the possible medical thing I am looking into

Tessa Shea I did get my thyroid checked a year ago and my levels were good. One thing that we talked about that might be causing some trouble is the mirena iud I had put in a few years ago. It might be working too good with releasing hormones into my body. Women are reporting that it is tricking their bodies to think they are pregnant. A year ago I stopped getting my cycles and I have had at least one false pregnancy. Also, even after getting my wedding ring stretched once it still isn't fitting (sometimes it is worse than others) so I think my hands might be swollen too. I wanted to wait till after the new year for insurance reasons to get it removed to see if that helps. Also thinking about cutting back on some off my anxiety medication and that might help. I know overall it has been life choices these past two years but I think these things have not helped.
16 hrs · Like · 1


So, again I was blown away by all of the advice and support.  During my next exercise routine I am going to read through things again and take more time looking to some of the links and resources I was given.

So...that is where I am at.  Yesterday I was on the verge of giving up.  I practically had a spoon and the peanut butter but the comments really helped me put things back into perspective.  While I am looking forward to my doctors appointment at the end of the month and I have a feeling that getting the IUD removed will help I am going to keep working at it until this.  Going to keep logging and adjusting my eating habits, have a goal of working out 3 to 4 times a week, and I will ask for help when I need it.

A little later this afternoon I am going to get out my made to crave book and see where that leads me.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment