October 2015

October 2015
This is me! October 2015

Monday, January 26, 2015

And...Jinxed myself :(


I totally jinxed myself.

Written on Friday, January 23rd on my last blog enter

"I have been full-force into this, not off meals or days for over a month!  I am proud of myself and a little scared.  What if I blow it?  What if something happens and I get really stressed and overeat and go off plan?"


Why did I even go there?  I really had been doing well; eating well, feeling good, keeping up the momentum.    Well, that very evening my 2 and 1/2 year old Cora started acting a little off.  She was coughing and acting tired.  Had probably already started running a temperature.  By that Saturday morning she was really sick.  Hit a high of 104.6!  Worried mama here almost took her into the ER but with the help of my sister and a nurse we were able to get her temperature down.

Good news is Cora is doing a bit better now.  Still mild temperature, still coughing, and still has a pretty sore throat.  Bad news it is I got sick the next day.  Now, this morning my husband started getting sick!  Uk!

So, this is exactly what I am talking about.  I get a good start and then I hit a bump, where this time it is illness.  I have not been able to get on the elliptical since Friday.  I have hardly been able to do more than 10 minutes of 'work' without starting a coughing fit.  I don't have enough energy to cook healthy or get groceries.  I for sure don't have time to plan my meals while caring for my sick family.  

Thank goodness that I have plenty of easy healthy things stocked up around the house.

Thank goodness I have an awesome sister-in-law who ran to the store for us to get medicine and some groceries.

And thank goodness that I started thinking about this before it happened!   Part of me was mentally prepared; still grabbing the healthy snacks and easy healthy meals, still tracking my points and staying under my daily budget, and still downing my water because that will help on so many levels.

I know now I need to prepare a plan for getting going again.  Last night I thought I was feeling pretty good and almost antsy.  I got changed and got on the elliptical, yeah...no back off within 5 minutes because of coughing fits!  So, until I am at least not running a temperature anymore I probably should not worry about exercise.  When I start feeling better I should start and start pretty slow, especially if still recuperating.   

As for eating wise that is something I can continue doing between now and then.  I have enough healthy things around the house to keep us going.  I know if we get desperate I have multiple people I can call.   

Ug, I am just frustrated!   Will admit that I am worried I will start slacking on exercise/movement because (taking care of myself).  That I will turn to something extremely easy like Mac and Cheese instead of taking a little energy to cook something.  That I will take time off until I start feeling better.  If I could take time off and knew I would go back on I would maybe do that.  History does not prove that to be true though.

So, chugging along...still... mostly....uk totally jinxed myself.  






2 comments:

  1. Good idea to blog to help you from getting stuck in a slump! Youre off ot a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much! I find blogging during that time very focusing and I hope to continue to use that strategy. ;)

    ReplyDelete