October 2015

October 2015
This is me! October 2015

Monday, January 12, 2015

My First Week on Weight Watchers

I made it through my first week on Weight Watchers!   I did well (I think)...will know for sure this Wednesday at my second meeting's weigh in.   I will try not to be disappointed if I do not see a weight drop.  At least that will reaffirm that there is something else going on with my weight gain.  I will say now that it is getting closer it makes me want to see a big weight drop.   

So...going to post the end of my week's food log




:)  So...this is what it means.  Each day I had 36 daily points to use (and I was really supposed to use them too).  Some examples of points was the coffee creamer I used was 1 point.   1 egg is two points.  Toast is 2 points (without butter)... etc.  When I start dropping weight the number of daily points (36) will go down too.  The lowest it will go is 26pts.   

Next to that is Weekly points (weekly remaining). We have 49 extra points that you can use if you need them for days that you go over or meal/item splurges.   Some people have success if they use all of them, half of them, or none of them.   I am trying to use none of them at least at first until I see how I do.  I did have a few splurges including a piece of chocolate cake a few days ago and as you can see on this day a piece of pizza from Pizza Hut which accounted actually for 9 points. Yesterday though I just adjusted what I ate the rest of the day to make for those extra points which is why I did not dip into my exercise points...

Which brings me to exercise points.   These are extra points you earn from daily activity or exercise.  As you can see I earned 14 total and used 2.  I have a fitbit and it gives me about 1 point for every 500 steps (thought it is not working correctly and keep resetting so I am pretty sure I should have earned more of these) and also on the 3 days this week I worked out on my elliptical I received 3 points each time.   So, I was very happy that I left most of these points but I feel fine about the two that I did use.

That is the thing.  There was a few times this week that I did eat some unhealthy food like cake, pizza, coffee creamer.  For the first time in as long as I can remember I did NOT feel guilty about it!  It felt really nice.  I just made up for these extra points/calories during other parts of the day or used a couple of exercise points.  

So. my first official day doing this program was actually Tuesday, January 6th.

January 6th; Tuesday.  Exactly 36 points used and earned 3 points for exercise.  I was just getting a hang of the point system.  I ate pretty well.  I was surprised to find that one of our favorite Sam's Club purchases Parmesan encrusted Tilapia was 6 points for a 4 oz serving so realized I had to be more careful with those!   I also found out I like cottage cheese this day with some cinnamon and a dash of splenda, turned into one of my favorite snacks.    

January 7th, Wednesday.  I used 34 points today (not 36).  No activity points (no fitbit hooked up). I had not realized on this day that I should use all.   I did not exercise.   I went to my Weight Watchers meeting today.  It wasn't quite what I expected.  Very formal and class format.  I am going to give it a few more times but if this isn't the right group for me I might check out some in the town nearby.   I also used the chat with a coach feature on Weight Watchers a few times and had luck with that.  

January 8th, Thursday.  I used 37 daily points today and one activity points.  I earned 3 activity points.  I ate very well today.  I remember after my workout I felt pretty hungry so had a small bowl of raisin bran in the evening a.k.a my one activity point over (and did not feel bad about it).   I remember reading through some of the weight watcher's articles, learning about healthy checks.  It is a system where you check off glasses of liquid each day (8), 3 milk products, 8 fruits and veg, 3 healthy oils.   I have not done this yet but looking into it.  

January 9th, Friday.   Used 36 of my daily points and earned 8 activity points.  I felt pretty proud of myself this day.  I had a Tupperware party this day where I baked a cake and got some goodies for my guests (including fresh cheese curds which are soooo yummy).  As part of the presentation we baked a cake together and I adjusted my points for this day/planned on having a piece of the cake.   I was so tempted in the other goodies like the cheese curds Chex Mix, pretzels, but did not sneak even one!   I had been worried about this evening and was proud with my resolve.  The fit bit gave me 4 exercise points for the 30 minsutes and the other points showed up from steps.   :)  At the end of the day my fitbit said I only had 7500 steps but it reset during the day.  It kept sending activity points though after so many steps though so at least that was accurate (I think).   

January 10th, Saturday.   Used 37 points this day.  No activity points.   I did fairly well this day with food.  I had a sweets attack after supper and tried one of the Weight Watcher's Peanut Butter Brownie Bites which put me over a  little but it was ok.  I think the sugar rush from the chocolate cake affected me a bit.  We also had some left over that I did not touch (but kept seeing all day).   Fitbit was being goofy this day and nothing transferred over.   That is fine, I feel like it gave me too many points yesterday.   This evening we also had steak and I stuck to my 4 ozs.   I can make the steak and eat it too on this plan!  

January 11th, Sunday.  I surprised myself again this day.  After church the family decided to go to Pizza Hut.  K, like many I LOVE pizza and my tummy was grumbling.   There was a large group of us there (like 12) and everyone ordered just pizza.  I ordered the salad bar and had a big salad before the piece of pizza :)    I felt kind of bad because I was the only one and someone else paid for everything, but all of the pizza was gone and I just had one piece of the pizza so if I had a second that might have left one of the growing boys hungry.  So, I am glad with how I did.  We had a good and busy day.   That evening my husband and I had a date night and went out to a movie (Taken 3, pretty good movie).  We stopped at Duncan Donuts and he had a hot chocolate while I had a decaf coffee (and I would have fallen for the hot chocolate any other day.  I had no idea how many points it was though and didn't want to chance it).  

So, this morning when I got up...even though I expected it I was kind of sad to see all of the activity points refreshed and set back to 0.   I am going to go work some up right now on my elliptical now!

Thanks for reading!     

No comments:

Post a Comment